The Forbes has updated the ranking of the richest people in Russia
The most popular and reputable international magazine about business Forbes has updated the ranking of the richest people in Russia. Truly these are the best people of modern Russia, its main national property. Real aristocrats of XXI century. Ten of them are presented on our web site:
1. Leonid Mikhelson. His fortune was estimated by Forbes analytics in 14,4 billion dollars. The richest man in Russia.
2. Mikhail Fridman. 13,3 billion dollars.
3. Alisher Usmanov. 12,5 billion dollars.
4. Vladimir Potanin. 12,1 billion dollars.
5. Gennady Timchenko. 11,4 billion dollars.
6. Aleksey Mordashov. 10,9 billion dollars.
7. Viktor Vekselberg. 10,5 billion dollars
8. Vladimir Lisin. 9,3 billion dollars.
9. Vagit Alekperov. 8,9 billion dollars.
10. German Khan. 8,7 billion dollars.
Forbes has been evaluating the largest wealthes of the world not first decase. The magazine uses special methodology for it, its base is the following:
1. To evaluate the wealth of the businessman they take the cost of his assets: stakes in the company, land property, real estate items, private property and so on.
2. All public companies are evaluated according to the market capitalization. Privately held companies are evaluated according to information about sales volume, income, their own funds; they match it with the companies with the similar indexes, which are listed at stock exchanges or recently were buying and selling objects. Forbes is trying to be conservative and to evaluate the property of businessmen under the principle “as a minimum it is not cheaper”.
3. In this list the price of company and calculated estimation are fixed by February 12th, 2016.
4. Russian businessmen often trace their companies’ stakes on their immediate relatives. Taking this circumstance into account Forbes includes all assets which businesman’s family has to his fortunes – if relatives do not take part in company management, shareholders of which they are.
5. The list includes only those citizens of Russia who earned the main part of the fortune by private way, not as a government employee.
6. The list includes only 200 richest businesmen of Russia, the minimum fortune must be 350 million dollars.
The data performed in Forbes ranking is experts’ and journalists’ value of total volume of property of listed people. This information is not official and is made only for private use.