RUSSIAN OFFICERS: Alexander Pushkin
Alexander Pushkin (July 6, 1833, St. Petersburg, Russia – July 19, 1914, a Small Ostankino, Moscow region) – Russian General from the family of Pushkin, the eldest son of the poet A. S. Pushkin. The owner of the estates livovka (now the Museum as part of Boldin Museum-reserve).
During the war for the liberation of the Balkans 1877-1878 commanded Narva hussar regiment, awarded the Golden arms with the inscription “For bravery” and the order of St. Vladimir, fourth class with swords and bow. 1 (13) June 1880 granted in the wing aide-de-camps of His Majesty, after a month in the Suite of His Majesty’s major General and was appointed commander of the first brigade on the 13th cavalry division, which he commanded until October, 1881.
August 30 (September 11) 1890 Alexander Pushkin was promoted to Lieutenant General “for distinguished service”.
Son of the famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin
In 1891, as holding civil offices, renamed from the military rank of Lieutenant General in the civil rank of privy Councilor. Actively participated in the development of education, including women. He was the head of the teaching Department of the Moscow Imperial Commercial College, a member of the boards Catherine studies and Alexander women’s institutes, the Moscow provincial vowel.
From 1895 until the end of his life he held the position of honorary Trustee of the Moscow presence of the Board of Trustees of Institutions of Empress Maria. In 1896, he participated in the celebration of the sacred coronation of Emperor Nicholas II and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna.
In 1898 renamed to the rank of Lieutenant-General, with enrollment in the army cavalry. Military positions were held by continuing to be an honorary Trustee. In 1908 he was promoted to General of cavalry. He was listed by the 13th hussars Narva regiment.